TDOT’s 50th Anniversary of the Interstate Poster Contest for 5th Graders
The Tennessee Department of Transportation recently asked 5th grade students across the state, in both public and private schools, to send in their artistic interpretation of The United States Interstate System: A Symbol of Freedom.
The winning entries will be displayed at the Tennessee State Museum in the James K. Polk Building at 505 Deaderick St., in Nashville, Tennessee, beginning on June 1, 2006. The posters will be a part of a special Interstate 50th Anniversary display hosted by the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Links to Information
- Tennessee Interstate Facts
- History of the Interstate System
- Interstate Highway System Fascinating Facts
- Facts About the Interstate Anniversary
- Tennessee Interstate Images
- Historic Documents
Students can take a quiz about facts related to the development of the Interstate system.
Interstate Anniversary Word Searches
Students can search for key terms related to the 50th Anniversary of the Interstate system.
- Word Search Tennessee Facts 1
- Word Search Tennessee Facts 2
- Word Search United States Facts 1
- Word Search United States Facts 2
Interstate Anniversary Crosswords
Students can put their knowledge of the history of interstates to the test with crossword puzzles.